A simple but delicious rice to eat with a fish or meat as we did today. As I didn’t have long grain rice, I did it with basmati rice which was as delicious.
What do you need?
- Rice long grain or basmati (1 glass)
- Water or broth (1.5 glass)
- 20cl of white wine
- 4 dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 2 tea spoon of the olive oil from the dried tomatoes
- 1 tea spoon of olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 garlic clove
- Cut very thinly the onion and heat up in a frying pan with the olive oil from the dried tomatoes and the additional tea spoon
- Cut the dried tomatoes in small pieces and add with the garlic clove to the pan
- Once the onion is well cooked and before it gets too brown, add the rice and stir well during 2mn
- Add the white wine and continue to stir until fully evaporated
- Add the water or broth and salt, stir and let cook for around 12mn or until the water is fully absorbed.
- Try the rice, if still not enough cooked, cover it for a few minutes