You can never be wrong with a wok. And you can almost throw anything good inside to make a lovely meal, the important things is to decide if you want the vegetables to be a bit crunchy or well done and the spices you want to use for the taste.
If you don’t have a wok, one of those that you can buy in a asian shop, you should get one. It heats up very quickly and if you have a gas stove done for wok, then it’s even better
What do you need?
- Chicken filet
- White mushrooms (or any mushrooms)
- Kale cabbage leaves
- Ginger (fresh if possible)
- Soja sauce
- Salt, black pepper, coriander, cumin (fresh if possible)
- Olive oil
- You need to pre cook the kale leaves before. You can either boil them for a few minutes but it looses it’s vitamins faster, so i usually heat up a pan of water and put it on top in a strainer so that it cooks with the steam.
- If you like the cabbage to be crunchy, only steam cook it for 2 to 3mn.
- Rinse with cold water and reserve
- Prepare your chicken filet and slice them in big chunk
- Heat up some olive oil at full heat and stir in the chicken very quickly as it will burn fast
- Add the shallots that you can cut thinly, the ginger, the whole garlic cloves (3) and mushrooms that you can cut in big chunk
- Continue to stir and add 1 tbsp of soja sauce, stir. Add salt, pepper and comino
- Add the cabbage and stir in, add 1 tbsp of soja sauce again.
- Taste and add as necessary more spices if necessary. Finish with the coriander