Coming back from the gym I wanted to cook something with vegetables that I had in the fridge, and wanted to use the brick pastry that I had bought recently.
It’s a mix of flavours but I liked it and thought it was different for a nice lunch.
This can be prepared for your Valentine’s dinner next week.
What do you need?
- Brick pastry: 2 circle (if yours comes square, you’ll need 6 square, around 10x10cm)
- 2 small aubergines
- 3 carrots
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 mango (optional, but I had it in the fridge so I tried it out)
- 2 tbsp of creme fraiche
- 50g of gorgonzola cheese
- 20ml of milk
- 1/2 small lemon
- 1 tsp of tahini
- Olive oil
- 25g of butter
- Comino, salt, black pepper, nutmeg,
- Start by pre heating the oven at 240°C for the aubergines.
- We want to grill the skin of the aubergines. Cut the aubergines in half in the length, make some cross with a sharp knife on the inside and spread a bit of salt
- Put the aubergines upside down on a rack in an oven dish
- Cook for 15mn at 240°C, then put the grill on and let it burn around 15mn. Watch carefully, the skin should start to burn slightly to give the special taste.
- Peal the potatoes and boil them in a large pot of water, add some salt
- Meanwhile, peal the carrots to remove the skin and then continue to peal it to make some thin slices.
- Heat up some olive oil, stir in the garlic clove, slices shallots and the mango that you have previously pealed.
- Stir in the carrots a few minutes. Time varies if you prefer them a bit crunchy or well cooked. Add salt, black pepper and comino
- Once the potatoes are cooked, remove the water, mashed the potatoes, add the butter, creme fraiche, nutmeg, salt and black paper. Stir in the gorgonzola cheese until melted
- Finally, remove the aubergines from the oven, remove the pulp and mix it with the lemon, tahini, garlic, salt, black pepper, 1tbsp of oil and comino until your obtain a purée.
- Take your 2 circles of brick pastry, fold in 3, then cut the 4 edges to make squares
- Put the square on an oven tray and bake for 10mn at 190°C. Once it starts to get brown, remove
- Mount your veggie millefeuille: with a square form, start with the mashed potatoes, add a square of brick pastry, add on top some carrots, then a square of brick pastry, then the aubergines purée and finish by a last layer of brick pastry.
- Take what is left and smash it in your hands to decorate the plate.