The other day we went for lunch with work and in the menu that they prepared for us, there was 2 deserts to choose from: tiramisu and poached pears in wine. As I really don’t like tiramisu due to the coffee flavour, I thought i’d try the pears. And in fact I loved it, I didn’t have it for so long that I didn’t remember the taste.
So I thought I had to make my own and I tried with Vermuth instead of wine. Accompanied by a mascarpone cream was just perfect to balance the tastes.
What do you need?
- 4 pears
- 1/2l of Vermuth (can easily be replaced by wine)
- 2 tablespoon of honey
- 80g of mascarpone
- 4 tablespoon of the wine sauce after it cooked fully
- Vanilla extract (1 spoon)
- Heat up the vermouth in a saucepan
- After 5mn, add the honey and stir in
- Add the orange that you can previously separate in 4 quarters
- Peal the pears and add them in the sauce pan.
- Stir in every 10mn on all sides and cook for around 1hr.
- They should have taken the color of the wine on all faces
- Let cool in the fridge
- Prepare the mascarpone cream
- Mix the mascarpone with the vanilla and 4 table spoon of the pears wine sauce
- Form with 2 table spoon and put on side of the pear when you will serve.