If you regularly check my blog, you know that I like a lot rice or risottos. You can make so many different ways that it’s always an enjoyable moments. It all depends on the flavours.
This time I made a risotto starting with tomatoes cherry with some chicken and finally added a nuts pesto to strengthen the taste. Really lovely.
What do you need?
- Chicken filet for 2
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- Rice (1 glass)
- 1 onion
- 1 shallot
- 20cl of white wine
- 1/2l of broth (homemade is much better but you could skip it with a prepared one if you don’t have time to make it)
- Broth: 70cl of water, 3 carrots, 2 tomatoes, 1 celery branch, 1 onion, 2 garlic cloves, 1 turnip, salt, black pepper, cumin
- Handful of nuts
- 40g of parmesan cheese
- 2 table spoon of olive oil
- Salt, black pepper
- Basil (handful)
- If you decide to go for the homemade broth: in a large saucepan, put 70cl of water and all the vegetables and spices mentioned above for the broth. Boil for 2hours
- In your Le Creuset cocotte, start by cooking the chicken filet and when alsmot done add the chopped onion & shallot
- Add the cherry tomatoes (keep 3 for the pesto) and stir for 10mn at medium heat
- Remote the tomatoes and reserve for later
- Add some olive oil and the rice and stir without stopping for 2-3mn
- Add the white wine, continue to stir until dry
- Add a ladle of broth and stir without stopping
- Continue adding broth until the rice gets aldante.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pesto in your blender: Put the basil, 3 cherry tomatoes, nuts, 2 tbs of olive oil, salt and black pepper. Blend until obtaining a smooth texture
- When the rice is nearly done, add the tomatoes, chicken and 3/4 of the pesto (keep a bit to decorate your place)
- Service the risotto using a round form and serve warm