I still had some baby goat that our friend brought us and thought i’ll cook it with wine and carrots and use the broth and carrots to then do a risotto. Everything together was delicious.
What do you need?
- Baby goat for 2 (250g)
- 20cl of red wine
- 1 glass of rice
- 4 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- Salt, pepper
- 100g of parmesan
- 10g of butter
- Start by searing the meat: cook the meat in olive oil at the high te heat for a few minutes to give it a brown color
- Once it starts to get a nice color, add the onions finely chopped and garlic
- After 10mn, add the red wine and let it cook for 15mn
- Add water
- Add the carrots
- Let it cook for around 20 more minutes
- Keep the broth aside and put the carrots in the mixer
- Mix the carrots into purée with a spoon of broth
- In a deep pan or Le Creuset, fry some onions finely chopped. Add the rice and stir for 3mn
- Add the broth little by little every time that the rice gets dried out and keep stirring all the time.
- Add the carrot purée, stir well
- Once the rice is almost ready, add the butter and parmesan
- Cut the meat into large slices.
- Dress the risotto using a round form and put the meat on top