I love raspberries and try to have some in my freezer all the time. Though they are so delicate that I’m never sure how to honor them and what to do with them, so I keep … 🙂
But this time I thought, let’s try to make a sablé, which is very easy and I remembered I saw a similar recipe on TV a few months ago that looked yummy.
What do you need?
For the sablé base
- 90g of butter
- 90g of sugar (half white, half brown)
- 130g of flour
- sal, baking powder, bicarbonate de sodium
- 2 yolks
- 150g of raspberries
For the vanilla cream
- 75g of sugar
- 45g of butter
- 150ml of cream
- 2 yolks
- 30g of maizena
- 300ml of milk
- 3 leaves of gelatine
- vanilla extract
- Start of by preparing the cream. Heat up the milk
- Mix the yolks, vanilla extract and sugar until you obtain a foamy mixture
- Add the maizena, integrate well to the mixture and poor the hot milk directly on it
- Beat immediately to mix well and put back in the saucepan and cook for around 6mn without stopping to stir in
- Put the gelatine leaves in cold water for a few minutes and when all soft put in a very little glass with warm water to dissolve.
- Add the gelatine to the cream, mix well
- Add the melted butter and let it cool and put in the fridge to set it
Now prepare the sablé, it’s very easy:
- Mix the sugar, butter and flour with the salt, baking powder and bicarbonate
- Once done, add the yolks.
- Spread your pastry in a round baking form and cook for 18mn at 170°C
- Let it cool well.
Finally, once everything had cool well, assemble the cake
- Start by beating up the 150ml of cream and incorporate it to the vanilla cream
- Spread heavenly on the sablé base and spread your raspberries
- Let it cool 2 or 3hrs in the fridge and enjoy it