Since a few weeks now I’m doing voluntary work for an association in Barcelona that sends volunteer to old people that leave alone and feel lonely. It consists in talking for about 2hrs a week with a person that feels lonely.
The lady I visit (without naming her) gave me some real sausage from Andalusia that her sister sent her (Morcilla Andalouz)
So I decided to make a plate of lentils, the small green one from Le Puy in France. I love lentils and it was a real pleasure to cook it in the copper cooking pot.
On the last pic you can see how my cat, Denver, is trying to come on the picture 🙂
What do you need?
- Lentils (1 glass, about 120g)
- 2 small carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic
- 2 laurel leaves
- 1 morcilla (sausage from andalousia)
- 1 other piece of pork meat of your choice
- 1 tomato
- Salt, black pepper
- Olive oil (1 spoon)
- white wine (small glass)
- In a cooking pot, put the oil to eat and the onion cut in two
- Stir a bit and add the sausage and meat
- Make sure to not over cook the sausage as it cooks quickly
- After a few minutes and when the meat starts to be marked, add the white wine and tomatoe
- Stir in a few minutes and remove the meat and juice that you obtained from the cooking pot.
- Add cold water, about 1l and the lentils with the garlic (without cutting it) and laurel leaves
- Cook for about 20mn
- Add the meat and juice into the cooking pot and cook for an other 12mn
- Serve in a deep plate