An other quick side dish to eat with your meat or fish for example, but also something that you can have for an evening dinner on its own: vegetables flan. Really easy and very moisten.
For around 20 small or 12 medium size flans.
What do you need?
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 courgettes
- 3 carrots
- 1 big onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 400ml of cream (not light please!)
- 3 eggs
- 100g of cheese
- Salt, black pepper, cumin
There’s two schools for these kind of dishes. To cook the vegetables before or after. If you cook them before, it leaves you more options to bring a specific flavour to your vegetables.
This time I baked it with uncooked vegetables
- Start peeling the vegetables and cutting them in small pieces all together
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs and cream together
- Add the salt, pepper and cumin
- finally mix the vegetables together
- Spread the mixture in small or medium individual cakes baking forms
- Cook at 200°C for around 30mn.
- It should start rising after 15mn and get a nice shape.