2 weeks ago it was our friend David’s birthday but unfortunately we weren’t there so I cooked quickly some cakes for him so that he had them on his birthday. We left early and didn’t see him.
Those financiers were delicious, I had to try them before of course 🙂
What do you need?
- 45g of flour
- 110g of egg whites
- 1 table spoon of honey
- 45g of almonds flour
- 120g of ice sugar
- 120g of butter
- Baking powder
- 2 tablespoon of powder chocolate
- Vanilla extract
- Some cake decorations
- 100g of black chocolate
- In a saucepan bring the butter to boil until it starts to get slightly brown and add the table spoon of honey. Mix well and let aside
- In your KitchenAid food processor, mix the ice sugar, flour, almonds flour and baking powder together
- Add the egg white slowly to the flour mixture and mix slowly until fully absorbed.
- Add slowly the butter to the mixture, continue to mix and add the chocolate poweder & vanilla extract.
- Butter a silicon financiers baking tray and spread the batter across.
- Smash the chocolate and place a piece in each cake
- Cook for 13mn at 180°C with fan heat (temperature might differ depending on your oven, make sure to not over-bake)
- Sprinkle with the cake decoration