An other tentative to cook quinoa differently and a dinner without meat. Risotto way for our quinoa tonight with courgettes.
Our friend from Huesca came for the weekend at home to relax, so I had to find something for dinner. No meat because he works in an animal slaughterhouse and if I buy meat at the supermarket he always tells me it’s not a good meat coming from his place 🙂 Veg dinner then it is.
I need to find black quinoa for the next time to mix it with the golden one and give it a better aspect.
What do you need?
- 200g of quinoa
- 2 courgettes
- Fresh mint (4 leaves)
- 40g of grilled almonds
- 40g of parmesan
- 1 big onion
- olive oil
- Vegetables bouillon (broth)
- 1 coffee spoon of curry
- Start by cutting the courgettes in small pieces. I usually half peal the courgettes
- Cut the onions
- Cut the mint leaves in small
- Grind the almonds
- Heat up about 1l of water with the vegetables cubes or use home made vegetables broth, even better
- In a frying pan, heat up the olive oil and fry the onion with the curry and some salt
- Add the courgettes and cook for 2mn
- Rinse the quinoa under cold water and add to the courgettes
- Cook for an other 2 minutes
- Like you would with a risotto, add the vegetables broth slowly and stir until it’s dry, add broth, stir until dry and so on until cooked.
- Add the mint and parmesan, let it melt 2 min and mix together before serving
- Once in the plate, spread a bit of grind almonds