Tonight we had a light dinner, well, light was only the main course because after that we are always having some cheese. I’m French, i have no excuses. Since I went to France recently, I brought a few cheese and I just can’t help it. Nothing better for me that ending a meal with some cheese.
So tonight I did a quick wok of courgettes on a ‘bed’ of cereals and some cherry tomatoes sautées. I was looking for a recipes for the new challenge of Cooking the Chef so I got somehow a little bit inspired and made up something for dinner with what I had.
What do you need?
- Cereals. I buy the Tipiak one (Soja, corn, barleycorn, wheat
- 1 courgette
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 big garlic clove
- 1 shallot
- Salt, black pepper, parsley, lemon grass
- 1 tea spoon of Teriyaki sauce
- 1 half tea spoon of rice vinegar
- Start by cooking the cereals. You can either boil for a 3 minutes or cooking them in a bit of oil and add some water. Reserve.
- Cut the courgette in tiny pieces. If you use your KitchenAid, you can use the bigger shredder accessory.
- In a hot wok, add the cherry tomatoes, stir for a few minutes, add some salt & pepper and reserve
- In the same hot wok, add the courgettes and the shallot that you had previously cut in small pieces
- Stir for 2 or 3 minutes, add the rice vinegar and Teriyaki sauce. Finally some salt, black pepper, parsley and lemon grass
- Serve everything together