I hope it inspires you to make a nice colourful surprise for your love one, even if you decide to have dinner outside, you can still prepare something sweet 🙂
Friday before going to France to see my mum I chose to try my first decorated cakes. There was 3 reasons to this.
- I’ve never tried yet to make care with frosting decoration…That’s obvious looking at the pictures but I won’t give up and will look for advices.
- I wanted to participate to a St Valentin inspiration challenge
- I wanted to bring something sweet for my mum that is fighting hard against a terrible desease that I won’t name and wanted to bring something done from all my heart to wish her strength and courage as I love her from all my heart.
I’ve tried different shapes hoping that one would get better for the challenge hehe.
What do you need?
- 125g of butter
- 175g of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 185g of flour
- 125g of milk
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
For the frosting
- 200g of Philadelphia cheese
- 250g of glass sugar
- 100g of butter
- Vanilla sugar
- Pre heat the oven at 175°C
- In your kitchen, using the white spatula, mix the butter and sugar until it is well incorporated and make a sponge mixture.
- Add the eggs one by one slowly and ensure it’s full integrated
- Add half of the flour, continue to mix while you incorporate half of the milk and continue the same process with the rest of the flour & milk
- Add the baking powder, pinch of salt and vanilla extract
- Add some red colouring. I use some powder one that is very strong so only a tiny bit is sufficient to get this amazing red
- Put in the oven for 30mn at 175°C, check after 20mn if it’s already cook and let get cold for 30mn outside the oven on a tray.
- Cut into heart shapes for example, different sizes. You can also cut the shapes in half to fill in with the frosting
- Prepare the frosting with the philadelphia cheese, sugar glass and butter. Add vanilla sugar and some red color, but far less than in the cake to get a pink color.
- Then the decorating exercise comes next. I didn’t manage well but someone told me I should have put it in the fridge before working it. So, make sure to reserve in the fridge for 2hrs or 30mn in the freezer before trying to make your flower or other shapes.