I did many macarons the other day and I wanted to try an other filling. Pink Lady and Salty Caramel. I wanted to follow the recipe of Christophe Felder but my book was at home and that weekend I was away. So I just inovated and try something, it wasn’t bad at all.
- 1 pink lady apple
- 2 tablespoon of mascarpone
- 150g of sugar
- 20cl of water
- 2g of salt of Guerande
- few drops of lemon
- Peel and cut the apple in tiny peaces and cook with 40g of sugar and about 10cl of water for 10/12mn until it makes a puree. Reserve in a cold bowl.
- Prepare the salty caramel. Add the rest of the sugar and water in a pan, bring to boil until it starts to get a slightly brown color, add a few drops of lemon and the mascarpone slowly and carefully as it will make a reaction due to the temperature difference. Add the salt.
- Mix the caramel and apple puree. Keep it cold in the fridge before starting to fill your macarons.
- Fill your macarons and reserve for 1 day if you can resist easting them.