The way to cook in a Tagine is quite surprising, it’s a very good way to cook the vegetables and it’s pretty quick to cook and with a lot of savour if you put the right spices. There’s not one way to do a Tagine, you can really be creative with different sort of meats and spices.
As we did a week of healthy food only last week, mainly vegetables, this one didn’t have meat.
What do you need?
- 3 carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 1 aubergine
- 1 courgette
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- Black pepper, salt, cumin, spices
- Start peeling your vegetables, alternatively to keep the vitamins, clean them thoroughly and don’t peel anything at all
- Cut all vegetables into medium pieces
- Place at the bottom of your tagine the carrots, then the red pepper, half of the onion and garlic, aubergine, courgette and the rest of onion and garlic
- Add the spices and the glass of white wine
- Add the tagine cover and cook for about 25mn at medium to slow fire. Try to not open the tagine too often as it needs to keep the steam inside