For Christmas I received my pasta accessory for my KitchenAid. So it was only a matter of days until I make my first try of fresh pastas. There’s many different recipes so I will need to try and adjust depending on the only few ingredients that are needed. This is how I did today:
What do you need?
- 130g of flour
- 130g of thin corn semolina
- 2 eggs
- 4 yolks
- In your kitchenaid, install the flat beater. Put the flour, semolina and salt and mix well. Add the eggs. Start mixing the ingredients together.
- With the bread hook, continue to mix the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes until a ball is formed.
- Take the ball out, put some flowers on your kitchen top and form a proper ball and cover it with plastic film for 45 to 60mn
- Start to flatten the pasta with the 1st accessory starting with size 1 and repeat the same steps until size 5. (I will put some videos 1 day)
- Once you obtain your flat pasta layers, change the accessory with the tagliatelle one, and cut the pasta into the desired shape.
- Let them dry on a pasta dryer, if you don’t have one, let them dry flat on your kitchen top for about 20mn before forming nest with them otherwise they might stick in your water.
- Put some water to boil with a bit of oil and salt and cook the past for 2mn.
- Serve immediately