This week we are starting a week with no sweet things and mostly vegetables and fish as lately with Christmas we have been going a bit too far. Like most of us I guess.
And writing the blog doesn’t help to stay slim as we have to try everything I bake or cook 🙂
So last night I made some courgettes latkes, very easy to make, an other way to eat courgettes and at the end if you don’t fry it in heavy oil it remains quite healthy. A tiny bit of oil is sufficient to get the nice color.
What do you need?
- 1 courgettes
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small onion
- Salt, black pepper, herbs of provence
- Clean and peel the courgette and shred it with a mandolin or with your Kitchenaid accessory.
- Mix in a bowl the egg and flour, add the shredded courgettes and finally the salt, black pepper and herbs
- Mix all together well gently
- To give the latkes a nice form, you can use the forms (metallic or silicon).
- Put a little bit of oil so that it doesn’t stick, pour your mix inside and cook it a medium to low fire for a few minutes on both side.
- Serve warm