I wanted to bake a cake for my guests who are staying over a few days and thought I would try the carrot cake again but this time the one of Pili as the one I made last time was not as moisturised as I wanted.
The full recipe can be found here. I must say it’s super delicious and incredibly moisturised. I’m not baking so often as I’m better with salty plates, but this one is just perfect.
- 2 eggs
- 150g brown sugar (I put white as I didn’t have brown and put 20g additional by mistake)
- 100 ml of olive oil (I put sunflower oil this time)
- 150g of flour (normal)
- 170g of carrots
- 50g of nuts (I put almonds instead as that’s the only thing I had)
- 4 spoon of Figue marmelade (o manzana) I didn’t have so I couldn’t put it
- zest of orange (I didn’t have any so I added instead almond oil)
- Spoon of lino (I didn’t have any left)
- baking powder
- salt (I forgot it)
Check the full recipe on the blog (link above) of Pili, I will just comment the changes I did because I actually between what I didn’t have and what I forgot, it’s still a few changes. lol. I imagine it was even better with everything 🙂 You can try!
What I did:
- Mix the sugar and eggs together until whiten
- add the flour
- add the oil
- add the nuts, marmalade, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and finally the grated carrots
- Bake for about 40n at 195°C the first 20mn, the lower to 185°C for 10mn and lower to 175°C until it’s cooked.
- Don’t leave in the oven, get it out when cooked and let it cold before removing from the baking tray